CEO and Treasuer Code of Ethics
In my role as Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) or Treasurer of the Organization, I will adhere to and advocate to the best of my knowledge and ability the following principles and responsibilities governing professional conduct and ethics:
• Act with honesty and integrity, avoiding actual or apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relationships. A “conflict of interest” exists when an individual’s private interests interfere or conflict in any way (or even appear to interfere or conflict) with the interests of the Organization.
• Provide the Board of Trustees with information that is complete, objective, relevant, timely and understandable. I shall review the annual reports before certifying and filing then with various interested parties as may be required.
• Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of federal, state and local governments, and other private and public agencies.
• Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing my independent judgment to be subordinated.
• Respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of business except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose such information. I shall not use confidential information acquired in the course of business for personal advantage.
• Proactively promote ethical behavior among employees of the Organization and as a responsible partner with industry peers and associates.• Maintain control over and responsibly manage all assets and resources employed or entrusted to me by the Organization.
• Report illegal or unethical conduct by any director, officer or employee that has occurred, is occurring or may occur, including any potential violation of this Code. Such report shall be made to the Board of Trustees and shall include conduct of a financial or non-financial nature.
• Comply with this Code and general code of conduct and ethics of the Organization that may exist.
I understand that if I violate any part of this Code, I will be subject to disciplinary action. I understand that this Code is subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations. I understand that if there is a conflict between this Code and an Organization policy or procedure or any applicable law, rule or regulation, then I must consult with the Organization’s legal counsel for guidance. I understand that there shall be no waiver of, modification of, or change to any part of this Code except by vote of the Board of Trustees or designated Board committee.
Adopted by the Newark Public Board of Trustees on July 10, 2014