eReader and Tablet Loan Policy
○ Adult patrons may check eReaders and tablets out from library.
○ Child patrons may check out the e-ink eReaders.
○ Child patrons under 14 must have a legal guardian fill out and sign a technology waiver form in order to check out tablets.
○ Patrons must present a valid library card at time of checkout.
○ Patrons may borrow eReaders for 3 weeks.
○ Patrons may borrow tablets for 1 week.
Patrons will accrue $5.00 in fines if they do not follow the following guidelines:
○ Devices must be returned to a staff member at the circulation desk.
○ Patrons cannot return devices to the outside or inside drop box.
○ Patrons cannot return devices to other libraries
○ Returns can only take place at circulation desk during regular business hours
○ Late fees for the devices are $1.00 per day.
○ Devices will not be loaned to other libraries (no inter-library loan).
○ Patrons may reserve or place holds on these devices.
Lost or damaged devices:
○ Users are responsible for lost or damaged devices or device accessories. Charges will be based on replacement costs.
Adopted by the Newark Public Library Board of Trustees October 9, 2014.