Children Dedicated Resources for Parents/Caregivers:
- Learning Assessment: “Measure a student’s proficiency and identify strengths and weaknesses in hundreds of subjects. Get an effective learning plan along with free tools to improve”
- Learning Tools: “More than 250,000 free practice problems in over 200 subjects. Also available as mobile applications.”
- Varsity Tutors – School Day
- Virtual Summer Camps: “Week-long sessions. Fully interactive. Starting at $0. Ages 5 – 18 • June – August”
Pioneer Library System Resources:
- Owwl2Go for Kids: Browse the collection and access ebooks and audiobooks by downloading the Libby app
- Mango Languages: Learn a new language through fun, interactive activities
- NovelNY for Students A wide variety of online databases
Learning Games and Educator Resources:
- Sesame Street: Caring for Each Other during COVID-19
- ABCya: Reading and math games
- ABCMouse: Educational games, books, puzzles & songs for kids.
- BreakoutEDU Fun @ Home: Digital games for grades K-12
- Starfall: Fun reading games for grades pre-k to grade 3
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math:
- Crayola Kids’ Playzone: Coloring pages and games
- Citizen Science: Study the world around you and send the data to scientists
- NASA STEM Engagement: Explore NASA STEM Resources for Students
- Access Mars: Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Math.com : “The world of math online”
- Discovery Channel Virtual Field Trips: Amazing virtual field trips
- Mystery Science: Free science lessons
- Periodic Table of Elements for Kids: An interactive periodic table
- Code.org: Learn the basics of computer science, programming, and coding
- McHarper Manor: Online art classes for elementary age kids. They will be at 1pm EST and have the week of projects listed.
- JarrettLerner.com: Author and Illustrator Jarrett Lerner provides writing and drawing activities, such as: blank comic book pages, “Finish This Comic!” comics, and drawing/writing prompts.
- Ms. Meyer’s Come Draw With Me: Daily Art Lessons
Stories & Literacy:
- Jbrary Storytime Online Resources: Links to online storytimes, yoga classes, podcasts, and more!
- Storyline Online: Children’s literacy resource featuring the world’s best storytellers reading books aloud. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home.
- The Spanish Experiment: Spanish Children’s Stories, Online Spanish Lessons, and Spanish Course Reviews.
- International Children’s Digital Library: Children’s books from around the world, available online free of charge.
- Kate Messner’s: A collection of videos from children’s authors, including read-alouds and writing and drawing mini-lessons.
- Giant Spreadsheet: A spreadsheet of children’s authors offering content for kids
- Grimm, Grimmer, Grimmest Podcast: A “wildly enchanting fairy tale podcast” by children’s author Adam Gidwitz!
- Storytime From Space: Astronauts reading stories from SPACE!
- Mac Barnett’s Instagram: Live daily book readings!
- Mr. Jon & Friends: Live music for toddlers/preschoolers in the mornings at 10:30am for 2 weeks
- We Are Teachers: A big list of children’s authors doing online read alouds and activities
- Stimola Live!: A website of live stream events for kids, tweens, and teens by professional authors and illustrators represented by Stimola Literary Studio.
- Kids Ask Authors Podcast: A podcast by children’s author Grace Lin! Listen to episodes and submit questions, book reviews, or jokes! The podcast will be releasing 3 special episodes per week!
- Hour of Code: Free coding games for all ages
Collections of Resources:
- DayByDayNY Family Literacy Calendar: Check this site daily for stories, rhymes, and activities!
- PBS Kids: Play fun and educational games, sign up for a daily newsletter with activities for at-home play and learning
- Sesame Street in Communities: Games, printables, videos, and more on topics such as Health & Hygiene Daily Routines, Exploring Emotions, Science, and Literacy
- Khan Academy: Free online learning and test prep for all ages
- National Geographic Kids: Videos, activities, and more
- Kids Activities Blog: List of educational companies offering free subscriptions.
- Internet Public Library Kids Space: “Information you can trust”
- Guinness World Records: Kids– Explore amazing world records
- Great Websites for Kids: A collection of websites just for kids!
- Google Calendar: Full of live stream events, including storytimes, art lessons, music classes, author readings, crafts, yoga, and more!
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Daily projects to keep kids reading and learning
Resources for Teens & Young Adults on the Next Page