Loan Periods & Renewals
- Books, audio books, CD’s, magazines, and nonfiction videos are all loaned for 3 weeks.
- A longer 6 week loan period is also available on some of these items upon request.
- All popular videos are loaned for 1 week.
- In most cases, each item can be renewed up to 2 times by visiting the library in person, giving us a call, or through your online account at www.owwl.org.
Fines & Fees
- The Newark Public Library does not collect any fines or fees on the following Newark Public Library materials: books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, music CDS, or videogames.
- If the NYS Empire Pass, a bike lock, or any other special circulating item is not returned on time, it will accrue a fine of $1.00 for each day it is late.
- If at any time your account exceeds $5.00 in fines/fees or you have more than 5 overdue items, your borrowing privileges will be suspended until your account is settled.
- Public Space and Safety:
- Conduct Policy
- Leafleting Policy
- Meals and Refreshments Policy
- Meeting Room Policy
- Pandemic Response Plan
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Policy
- Procedure for Infractions of Conduct Policy
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy