Our Children’s Room is located on the bottom floor of the library across from the Teen Room and services ages 0 to 11. The Children’s Room is where our board books, easy readers, picture books, children’s fiction, non-fiction books, graphic novels, world language books, audio-books, DVDs, CDs, and educational board games are.
We also have a play room for the little ones that is separate from our “preteen” corner which is where the 9 thru 11 year-olds can rest on bean bags or play on the Wii or on a Nintendo Switch. There is an endless amount of books and activities to educate and entertain children.
Children’s Room Services & Programs:
- Our Event Calendar
- An online calendar of our monthly events.
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Newark Public Library’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success! Any child ages birth to five years can participate.
- Resource Take-Home Bags
- With our Resource Take-Home Bags, you fill out a form describing what types of books you’re looking for and when you’d like them ready by, then our staff will select some books fitting your request saving you from spending time browsing!
- Summer Reading
- To help encourage reading year round, the OWWL Library System participates in a yearly Summer Reading Program that features a new theme each year. This program is full of fun activities, prizes, and events!
- Activity Book Bags
- Each bag features a variety of different activities, books, and crafts based on a theme insuring there’s something for the whole family to enjoy!